AIM ProPeas provides a sugar-free, vegetable source of protein made from peas that helps to alkalize the body and manage weight by increasing feelings of fullness, boosting metabolism and maintaining lean muscle mass.
How is ProPeas Unique?
- Vegetable protein promotes a healthy pH balance
- Improves calcium absorption
- Non-GMO, gluten-free and certified vegan
As an essential component of every cell, protein is required for many important functions in the body, including the production of enzymes and hormones and the building and repairing of tissues. This makes protein a vital nutrient for good health and physiology.
The human body needs a significant amount of protein in relation to micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals, so just like fats and carbohydrates, protein is a macronutrient. However, unlike the other two, protein cannot be stored by the body.
Daily protein keeps the body healthy by building, maintaining and replacing the tissues that make muscles, organs and the immune system.
ProPeas: Go Green with Vegan Protein
ProPeas is a necessary addition to any diet, providing healthy food derived from non-GMO and glutenfree peas that are high in protein. They are also healthy because of their select amino acids, high iron content and no trans fat or cholesterol. ProPeas’ green source of protein helps to balance the body’s natural pH.
The purification process to produce ProPeas includes clean membrane filtration, requiring only water to filter the pea protein. No harsh chemicals or solvents are used.
Protein Supplement Comparisons
Peas are not a major allergen. Soy and whey are among the nine priority food allergens that account for 90 percent of allergic reactions.1
The common growing processes of soy can be problematic. The United States is one of the most lenient countries in regard to genetically modified organisms (GMOs). In 2013, 93 percent, or 9 out of 10 soybean crops contained GMOs.2 Soy is also high in fats, and removing these fats to create a protein concentrate requires the use of solvents like hexane, for example. Furthermore, to produce a protein isolate, soy must undergo a heating process that produces furan, a proven carcinogenic toxin.3
Whey is a by-product of cheese production and should be avoided by those who are allergic to milk. Additionally, animal proteins contain large amounts of cysteine and methionine, two amino acids high in sulfur that have an acidic effect on the blood. ProPeas is low in acidifying amino acids.
ProPeas Amino Acids
The amino acids that our bodies utilize are either essential (we must consume them in our diets) or non-essential (our bodies can produce them).
The essential amino acids in ProPeas include leucine, isoleucine, valine and lysine. They have been shown to benefit human growth and development, athletic performance and recovery from stress. Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs)—leucine, isoleucine and valine—are vital to delaying the age-related muscle degradation through maintenance of muscle mass.
Slows the age-related loss of muscle tissue by increasing synthesis of muscle proteins. As we age, the body’s ability to absorb and synthesize protein lessens, resulting in the loss of muscle mass over time.
Increases endurance and energy while helping to repair muscle and aid in muscle recovery.
Repairs tissue, enhances energy and regulates blood sugar (which can assist in weight loss) and brain function.
Vital component for calcium absorption and bone development.
ProPeas reduces appetite because it is digested slowly. Even so, ProPeas is still 98 percent digestible. It maintains lean muscle, increasing the ability to burn calories.
Protein has the potential to control weight in three ways: increasing the feeling of fullness (satiety), increasing metabolic rate and aiding in the maintenance of lean muscle mass.
- Satiety – Of the three macronutrients—protein, fat and carbohydrates—protein takes the longest to digest in the stomach, leading to a feeling of fullness. This can prevent the overconsumption of calories, a leading cause of obesity.
- Metabolic Rate – A faster metabolism can result from adequate protein consumption. Metabolism is the process by which our bodies convert food into energy or store food as fat. The higher your metabolism rate, the more fat you will burn. Protein increases metabolism by making the body work harder during digestion. Your body uses more calories to digest protein than it does to digest carbohydrates or sugars. This strengthens the body’s metabolic processes.
- Lean Muscle Mass – When protein intake is increased, the body can create muscle faster and easier. The more lean muscle someone has, the more calories he or she will burn naturally. Therefore, if muscle mass increases due to protein consumption, a person could lose weight without a drastic change to their usual calorie intake.
It should be noted that protein and fiber are ideal for assisting weight management. AIM Herbal Fiberblend® and AIM Fit ’n Fiber® promote weight loss as healthy sources of herbs and fiber that provide feelings of fullness. Try the AIM Weight Loss Pack —ProPeas (x2), Fit ’n Fiber, and lucoChrom—to discover a new,slimmer you.
Can ProPeas help me to build muscle?
Yes, ProPeas provides muscle-building amino acids, including essential lysine, leucine, isoleucine and valine. Furthermore, low-fat pea protein is one of the most easily digested plant proteins, having a 98 percent digestion rate, so your body uses nearly all of your intake for building lean muscle.
Can ProPeas help me to lose weight ?
Research presented in The Protein Book by Lyle McDonald has shown that pea protein is digested slowly, so it helps you feel fuller for a longer period of time. Each serving of ProPeas contains 12 grams of protein, digested at a rate of 2.9 grams per hour. That means it takes more than four hours to digest one serving of ProPeas. In addition to being digested slowly, pea protein also increases body metabolism. For every calorie of ProPeas protein that you consume, you burn 25 percent of it during digestion, thus increasing overall body metabolism.
† This product is tested for the absence of any World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) sport-prohibited substances.
How to use ProPeas
- Mix 1 scoop into 8 oz (240 ml) of water, cold beverage or smoothie. Use 1 to 4 scoops daily depending on activity level).
- Best used for: weight loss assistance, recovery after exercise, healthy breakfasts, a protein supplement or snacks.
(This bulletin is for information in the United States only. It has not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.)
(©2022 AIM International, Inc. All rights reserved.)