AIM ProPeas® provides an all-natural, vegetable source of protein made from field peas that helps to alkalize the body and manage weight by increasing feelings of fullness, boosting metabolism, and maintaining lean muscle mass.
The Importance of Protein
Protein is a vital nutrient for good health. The human body needs a significant amount of protein in relation to vitamins and minerals. Protein keeps the body healthy by building, maintaining, and replacing the tissues that compose our muscles, organs, and immune systems.
AIM ProPeas® – Go Green with Vegetable Protein
ProPeas is a necessary addition to any diet, providing healthy food derived from non-GMO and gluten-free field peas. Field peas are high in protein. They are also healthy because of their select amino acids, high iron content, and no trans fats or cholesterol. And ProPeas’ green source of protein helps to balance the body’s natural pH.
The purification process to produce ProPeas includes clean membrane filtration, requiring only water to filter the pea protein. No harsh chemicals or solvents are used.
Key Benefits and Features
- Assists with weight management
- Helps build and maintain healthy muscles
- Improves circulation and calcium absorption
- Increases energy and endurance
- Provides a feeling of fullness (satiety)
- Boosts metabolism
- Regulates blood sugar and brain function
- Vegetable protein promotes a healthy pH balance
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, & Certified Vegan
Protein Supplement Comparisons
Field peas are not a major allergen. Soy and whey are among the nine priority food allergens that account for 90 percent of allergic reactions.
The common growing processes of soy can be problematic. Nine out of ten soybean crops in the U.S. are genetically modified organisms (GMO), deemed unsafe by thirty countries. Soy is also high in fats, and removing these fats to create a protein concentrate requires the use of solvents (e.g., hexane). Furthermore, to produce a protein isolate, soy must undergo a heating process that produces furan, a proven carcinogenic toxin.
Whey is a byproduct of cheese production and should be avoided by those who are allergic to milk. Additionally, animal proteins contain large amounts of cysteine and methionine, two amino acids high in sulfur that have an acidic effect on the blood. ProPeas is low in acidifying amino acids.
ProPeas Amino Acids
The amino acids that our bodies utilize are either essential (we must consume them in our diets) or non-essential (our bodies can produce them). The essential amino acids in ProPeas include leucine, isoleucine, valine, and lysine. They have been shown to benefit human growth and development, athletic performance, and recovery from stress. The latter three are also branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), vital to delaying the aging process through maintenance of muscle mass.
- Leucine – Slows the age-related loss of muscle tissue by increasing synthesis of muscle proteins. As we age, the body’s ability to absorb and synthesize protein lessens, resulting in the loss of muscle mass (sarcopenia).
- Isoleucine – Increases endurance and energy while helping to repair muscle and aids in muscle recovery.
- Valine – Repairs tissue, enhances energy, and regulates blood sugar (which can assist in weight loss) and brain function.
- Lysine – Vital component for calcium absorption and bone development.
ProPeas reduces appetite because it is slowly digested. Even so, ProPeas is still 98 percent digestible. It maintains lean muscle, increasing the ability to burn calories.
Protein has the potential to control weight in three ways: increasing the feeling of fullness (satiety), increasing metabolic rate, and aiding in the maintenance of lean muscle mass.
- Satiety – Of the three micronutrients—carbohydrates, fat and protein—protein takes the longest to digest in the stomach, leading to a feeling of fullness. This can prevent the overconsumption of calories, a leading cause of obesity.
- Metabolic Rate – A faster metabolism can result from adequate protein consumption. Metabolism is the process by which our bodies convert food into energy or store food as fat. The higher your metabolism, the more fat you will burn. Protein increases metabolism by making the body work harder during digestion. Your body uses more calories to digest protein than it does to digest carbohydrates or sugars. This strengthens the body’s metabolic processes.
- Lean Muscle Mass – When protein intake is increased, the body can create muscle faster and easier. The more lean muscle someone has, the more calories he or she will burn naturally. Therefore, if muscle mass increases due to protein consumption, a person could lose weight without a drastic change to their usual overall calorie load.
It should be noted that protein and fiber are ideal for assisting weight management. AIM Herbal Fiberblend® and AIM fit ’n fiber® promote weight loss as healthy sources of herbs and low-fat and cholesterol-free fiber that provide feelings of fullness. Try the AIM Weight Loss Pack (5856E)—ProPeas (x2), fit ’n fiber, and GlucoChrom—to discover a new, slimmer you.
Use 1 to 4 scoops daily (depending on activity level). Shake into 8 oz (240 ml) of water, cold beverage or smoothie.
During weight loss, for recovery after exercise, as a healthy breakfast, as a protein supplement, or snack.
Can ProPeas help me to build muscle?
Yes. ProPeas provides muscle-building amino acids, including essential lysine, leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Furthermore, low-fat pea protein is one of the most easily digested plant proteins, having a 98 percent digestion rate, so your body uses nearly all of your intake for building lean muscles.
Can ProPeas help me to lose weight?
Research presented in The Protein Book by Lyle McDonald has shown that pea protein is slowly digested, so it helps you feel fuller for a longer period of time. Each serving of ProPeas contains 12 grams of protein, digested at a rate of 2.9 grams per hour. That means it takes more than four hours to digest one serving of ProPeas. In addition to slow digestion, pea protein also increases body metabolism. For every calorie of ProPeas protein that you consume, you burn 25 percent of it during digestion, thus increasing overall body metabolism.